Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Second Helpings (Jessica Darling Series #2)

Second Helpings - Megan McCafferty Why should you read Second Helpings?Reason #1 - Marcus Flutie (Sha-ZAAAM!)Reason # 2 - Jessica's cluelessness And as soon as I said fuck, I felt bad for saying it. I didn’t feel like I should curse in a home for the elderly—you know, with so many of them ready to pass on and all. It’s about as close to church as I get.Reason #3 - Crocodile Lies (Awww, please be real)Reason #4 - Mrs McCafferty's writing. If you liked in the first book, this goes even deeper. AND there're Listings, a Quiz, the "Why did't I make it to the prom? Choose the scenario" game...Reason #5 - Stuff like this: "I hope I someday earn back your respect. And not just because I want to do you." ************“Call me Mac," he said.Mackadocious is more like it."For the next month, I will be your writing instructor..." Lip Macking Good. "It was Alfred, Lord Tennyson, who said, 'Words, like Nature, half reveal and half conceal the Soul within...'" Big Mac Attack."Here, in the next five weeks, I hope you do more revealing than concealing..."Oh, I'll reveal more than that if you want me to, Mac Daddy.” And finally, Reason #6:Gladdie. God, I just loved that woman.I must add that it wasn't as good as Sloppy Firsts, but it was still fun and sad and there were so many emotions at the ending... I'm reading the third book right now.