Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan Finally… man, this was a hard one to read.I don't know what I'm missing, I've seen a lot of five stars reviews over there but I just don't get it. I know I should probably say that this book was more about life, choices and freedom than just zombies and this was beautifully written and Mary was such a bad ass, but I won't.Mary was annoying, whiny , selfish, insecure, not sure about anything. (She loves Travis, she is waiting for Harry, she kisses Travis, she think he's not enough, she's jealous of Cass because she has freedom in the treehouse, she loves Travis, she hates to be alone with the love of her life, she is mad about him because he let her go for her own good, she thinks he is not her ocean, she says she loves him, she kills him...)Maybe she was losing her mind, and that would explain a lot. Also, I didn't like the way it was written, sometimes it felt like it was a book in a hurry, everything happening so fast. And finally, I didn't get the love story. I know nothing about Travis... why was she in love with him? no personality, no big dialogs... and a baby zombie, which was really creepy.Also, a fence? If they made a movie, it'd be 40 minutes of people walking on a fence path... yeah.Sorry, It didn't work for me.