Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

The Demon King - Cinda Williams Chima Not completely sure about this book. After reading some reviews it seems that either you love it or you hate it. I read this book because my librarian recommended it to me, she seemed so excited to having me reading some high fantasy that I accepted it. My last fantasy book was [b:Finnikin of the Rock|4932435|Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1)|Melina Marchetta|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1346007613s/4932435.jpg|4998084], so you probably understand that set the bar pretty high.I'll be honest: I didn't think I would finish this book. First of all, it was an almost 500 pages book but also because I had zero expectations about it. Well, after a few chapters I was pleasantly surprised. If I had to define this book in just one word I would say: Introduction. This felt like the LONG introduction to the Seven Realms series. And maybe that's why some of you would hate it. But the characters, world-building and dynamic between characters were really captivating, so you might love it.Me? I finished it feeling a little disappointed, needing some action. Nothing incredibly awesome happened. Besides, I had it all figured out after the Lucius's story. So I had to fake my surprised face several times.On the other hand, my expectations were really low, so I was kinda happy to feel captivated by the story, my favorite was Han. I felt his pain, his lost and loneliness. I liked the interaction between Han and Raisa, but I'd love if they have had more time together. I guess that's book #2.I like it. I'd probably recommend it if I were 100% sure that the Seven Realms series were good. And I'm not, but so far this's been entertaining.