Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

The Shadow Reader - Sandy Williams Dear Love Triangles: You suck.Even more when the two guys are totally swoon-worthy.Sincerely, me.I've just finished The Shadow Reader and I have a terrible headache right now. Don't ask me why, but it might be because of the last thrilling, action-packed chapters and my attempt to prepare myself for Aren's awesomeness."Fine," he says, his words coming out breathless. "I'll save your precious sword-master, McKenzie. But I will never, ever give you back to him."Well, I'll be honest. I've been avoiding faeries because honestly I don't like them, they're annoying. Or perhaps it's because reading [b:The Iron King|6644117|The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)|Julie Kagawa|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327877670s/6644117.jpg|6838626] was a really bad book choice and it has ruined faeries for me. BUT, this book just brings me hope. These faeries are sexy, smart and total badass.The story is basically what you would expect in any UF book, there was every known ingredient: strong heroine character, a good plot, great action scenes, the supernatural guys and a predictable ending. Anyhow, it did work for me. It keep me interested from the beginning. The love triangle wasn't the Twilight annoying kind. At least for me it was really different, because McKenzie wasn't playing with those guys. She was just trying to keep everybody alive and after so much time waiting for something good to happen to her, she just needed to realized beautiful Kyol had lost his chance. And Aren was willing to do anything to be with her, so... It was good. I'll totally read the next installment.I need a pill, seriously.