Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

The Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver - E. Lockhart A smart, funny and really sweet journey of self-discovery.Just be ready for one thing: our heroine doesn't always win. In fact, The Boyfriend List is not about a kickass, awesome, talented and beautiful teenager. This is about a 'four eyes' girl with self confidence issues, a series of panic attacks and horrible friends. I couldn't help to feel a lot of frustration, specially with the Kim & Jackson debacle, I really dislike those little lovebirds. But it was great to see Ruby evolve and learn how to deal with the anxiety and speak her mind. I loved the pop culture references (I think I've seen all those movies) and E. Lockhart's writing was a whole unique experience itself. Even the quirky footnotes help me to get to know Ruby a little more, her humor, obsessions and craziness. It reminded me of Megan Mccafferty's [b:Sloppy Firsts|138202|Sloppy Firsts (Jessica Darling, #1)|Megan McCafferty|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320531275s/138202.jpg|2975988], even when the MC are so different from one another. But what I really loved about this book? she didn't end up with any of those guys! Even if Ruby announced this wasn't an 80's movie, I was kind of expecting that ending. In the end, this wasn't about just boys, this was a journey. Learning to accept herself, her feelings (even when she can't help it), her thoughts (even when she's thinking in that idiot) and learning to relate to people in a healthy way was the big accomplishment here.I think I need a Dr. Z myself.