Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) - Susan Ee I'm not always using gifts, but if I had to express how I feel about this book it would be like this:because finally I've found another 5 stars dystopian book. And I LOVE it. I loved Penryn, she is the real deal. A truly badass, realistic female character. I was impressed not only because she could deal with some bad guy but also because she was loyal, generous, sensitive, smart, brave. I loved the relationship between Penryn and Raffe. They weren't flirting from day one. I mean, even if there were some romance there it was something beautifully constructed. There were no forced scenes, awkward confessions, unnecessary chattery. He was funny, witty and arrogant. But then he turned to be caring and thoughtful... did I mention he was really handsome? [swoon alert]And there's this plus that makes this book an awesome one: it really creeped me out. The first scene when she found her mom gave me the creeps, the toy-dead body, the eggs, and the two sisters! the kids with out eyes! HER SISTER/DEMON! why, oh, why! And the angel's world. While I was reading all I could think about was "Hush, hush who?" It's perfect. Mrs Ee has such an imaginative mind. Even though it has the same formula every dystopian out there has, the dynamic between characters, the rawness and creepiness, the non-existen "he loves me, he don't" same old story and a great final, make this book really worthy of reading. And I just couldn't put it down. It was really captivating from the beginning.