Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover 2.5 Stars What didn't work out for me:*Angsty Teenage Romance. *Insta-love. *Dumb Choices. *Immature Dynamic between the characters:"I can't be with you, but let's kiss. Wait, I was being weak, don't talk to me anymore. Btw, this poem is for you""I just meet you, you look flawless. It's like I've known you for ever, let's jeopardize your job and carreer so we can make out"Why I keep reading:Eddie (insta-best friend but funny and really lovely) The two little monkeys with the inappropiate comments.The author's potencial to write a cool YA love story, light and easy to read. There were a couple genuine moments that made it worthy.Overall, it wasn't that bad. Maybe I was expecting a lot from this book because of all the reviews. If you can manage the first chapters (terribles, btw) you can find an easy and touching reading, facing sensitive issues like grief, sickness, being a foster child among others. And maybe that's the problem. So many issues and lack of deep in all of them.