Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling Novels)

Charmed Thirds - Megan McCafferty 2.5 Stars Megan McCafferty, why are you doing this to me??Jessica is all about WRONG CHOICES. Selfish, stupid, immature, annoying, unsatisfied, weak, kind of a snob, always over thinking, scrutinizing, analyzing others, judging, taking people for granted (Bridget, i.e) and cheating However, I get her. She's a mess, I've been a mess too. I've experienced the feeling that everything is fuck up and there's no light at the end of the tunnel. And even when there's been people trying to help me, because they care, I've pushed them away too. I understand you, Jessica. But doesn't mean I didn't wanted to kill you sometimes. Marcus: Ok, Game Master. So, she cheated on you. Break up with her or don't break up with her, but don't mess with us. MAKE UP YOUR MIND. You're mysterious, we know that. But two more years with out talking to her? Who do you think you are? You're not being romantic, intriguing, dreamy... you're being arrogant. All those mind games were part of this sick way of yours to punish her. To make her feel lonely, guilty, insecure. GTFOThe end was infuriating. After everything that didn't happen between this two, she let him come back too easily. He let her come back too easily as well. I don't care about those journals. I needed a fight, a discussion, whatever they could manage to do in order to give all this thing a proper ending. You can't fix everything just by leaving. That's not the way it works. You stay and you try. And you cry, and fight and push away, and then you try harder. And forgive and forget. And after that, if it's of your convenience you can go and f**k, but it seems like everything is libidinal with Jessica. Everything starts and ends there.Two years in 350 pages, too much, don't you think? I felt like I've read two books in one. I am not ready to give up on the series just yet, I'm obviously annoyed but also intrigued. And I got to feel real love for Bridget and Pepe, Marin, even the crazy Mrs Darling, and for Jessica too. But she's not longer the witty and funny girl I loved in Sloppy Firsts, that's for sure.