Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion Zombie Romance? Seriously? I was quite intrigued about this book, the whole idea is creepy and kind of disgusting but after reading it I have to admit that Isaac Marion made it work.This book was a total surprise, I found myself loving R (yes, he eats people's brains) but I got to connect with him and his desire to fix the world. I even enjoyed the sweet and sometimes disturbing love story, the sarcastic humor and quotes like these:“Just . . . ate,” M says, frowning at me a little. “Two days . . . ago.”I grab my stomach again. “Feel empty. Feel . . . dead.”He nods. “Marr . . . iage.” “My friend "M" says the irony of being a zombie is that everything is funny, but you can't smile, because your lips have rotted off.” This is a love story (with bittersweet and very human moments) about zombies that will make you think a lot about love, death, life, who we are and why we should try to treasure every human experience.After [b:The Forest of Hands and Teeth|3432478|The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)|Carrie Ryan|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320633297s/3432478.jpg|3473471] I was done with zombies books, but this is a good story.