Liz* ~ Procrastinator Extraordinaire

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series #1)

The Maze Runner - James Dashner Despite the mixed reviews, there's one thing I can say without doubt: Dashner's world building was amazing. The Maze Runner was a captivating story, it had me reading all night. Probably a five star book if it wasn't so slow-moving. The first half was a little boring and the first chapters were pretty confusing. The characters were really attractive but I'd really loved to see a little more of the psychological aspect of the experiment. I mean, two years inside a box and no one was going crazy? rapes? brutality? a little unrealistic for my taste.On the plus side, the second half of the book improves a lot. I felt like running along with Thomas, there was non stop action, every day something terrible happened, the puzzle was about to be resolved. Chuck and Minho were my favorite characters. I loved them both for their loyalty and bravery. The ending was predictable. I managed to catch some answers, but it left me wanting so much more.Overall, this was hard to put down, very intriguing and entertaining at least the second half. I'm a little unsure about keep reading the series. I hope this won't become a Lost Situation, where in the end a lot was unsolved...